If you want to learn more about the flow state, this is a good place to start.
In this blog post, you’ll receive very short summaries of three of the best talks about the flow state. Let’s dive in.
Our top three talks about flow state:
Talk 1: Living in flow – the secret of happiness – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
This talk is one of the most comprehensive talks about flow state. In just 24 minutes, Mihaly explains what flow is, what it does and how it works.
These are the top 3 conditions to find flow on a regular basis:
1. Clear goals every step of the way
2. Immediate feedback after every action
3. A good balance between challenge and skill
Talk 2: How to Hack the Flow State – Maximilian Gotzler
Maximilian’s talk about flow is also quite comprehensive. He gives a bit more information about the different neurological changes it provokes.
We’ll leave the technical details for the video and give you these three quick tips which are a bit more practical. They will increase your chance to find flow more quickly.
1. Focus on breathing (oxygen is a great trigger.)
2. Hack your habits
3. Think of something important before you go to sleep. Let your subconscious do the work
Talk 3: Losing yourself in flow state – Diane Allen
Diane’s talk is far less technical and a lot more practical. She talks about three questions we should ask ourselves to understand flow and transfer it to other areas of life.
1. Where are you mostly when you experience flow?
2. What are you doing there?
3. WHY are you doing it? What is your purpose?
Transport that purpose to different areas of life. That is your flow strategy.
For more summaries of 15+ videos about flow, check out this Twitter Thread.
You can also find all videos in a handy list on our Youtube Channel.